Toxoplasmosis is a flu-like disease which is caused by a single-cell parasite called Toxoplasma gondii. This parasite is affecting more than 40 million people alone in the United State. This parasite can persist both in human and animals. Mostly the symptoms of Toxoplasmosis resolve without any treatment but in some cases, serious complications can lead to encephalitis.
Women who are pregnant have a higher chance of developing this infection. For treating Toxoplasmosis there are different medications available but with the advancement in the medical industry, one potential natural compound has emerged known as CBD or Cannabinoid. CBD is rich different therapeutic properties because of which it is used to treat different medical conditions such as anxiety, bipolar, depression, ADD, ADHD, cancer, herpes, chronic pain, fracture and many more. Today, in this article you will read more about Toxoplasmosis and I will also tell you how you can reduce Toxoplasmosis symptoms by using CBD.
How you can get Toxoplasmosis?
- If you are having undercooked meat or contaminated meat or shellfish then you may suffer from Toxoplasmosis.
- Ingestion of undercooked or contaminated meat can develop Toxoplasmosis. If you are not washing your hands properly after handling meat or shellfish then also there are chances of developing Toxoplasmosis.
- Eating food through contaminated utensils.
- Drinking contaminated water infected by Toxoplasma gondii.
- Ingestion of contaminated soil
- Mother to child during the time of pregnancy
- Having infected organ transplant
What are the signs and symptoms related to Toxoplasmosis?
Usually, there are no early signs and symptoms of Toxoplasmosis, people are not even aware that they are infected by this parasite. Below, I have mentioned some of the most common symptoms related to Toxoplasmosis.
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Lack of coordination
- Blurred vision
- Red eyes
- The weak immune system which leads to frequent infection
- Damaged brain and eye
How you can prevent yourself from Toxoplasmosis?
There are different steps by which you can prevent yourself from Toxoplasmosis,
- Cook the meat and other food at a safe temperature, it will kill the parasites and other harmful bacteria such as Toxoplasmosis.
- Wash and peel fruits and vegetables before eating
- Wash cooking utensils and cutting board with antibacterial soap.
- Never eat raw meat
- Wash your hands after cleaning the cat litter
- Avoid drinking unpasteurized goat milk.
Does CBD help in Toxoplasmosis?
Before, I tell you the role of CBD in Toxoplasmosis let’s read some about CBD. CBD is a natural chemical compound which is found in the flower of the hemp plant. It is extracted through a different process such as Olive oil, Dry Ice, CO2, and Ethanol extraction method. The magical thing about extracted CBD is that it is completely non-psychoactive in nature which means CBD does not have any strain of THC. CBD is obtained in different forms such as Isolate, Tincture, Wax, Oil, and powder.
Our body has an Endocannabinoid system (ECS) and different CB1 and CB2 receptors. The main function of ECS and receptors are to maintain the homeostasis of the body. When you consume CBD it interacts with CB1 and CB2 receptors by which pain and inflammation are regulated. When you are suffering from Toxoplasmosis you can use CBD to reduce the body pain, headache, and other symptoms. Always remember CBD does not treat Toxoplasmosis it just reduces the symptoms of it. I will advise you to consult a doctor before you use CBD for Toxoplasmosis.
Final words on CBD In Toxoplasmosis
Toxoplasmosis is a flu-like disease in which early symptoms are not visible. If you are diagnosed with Toxoplasmosis then consult the doctor for proper treatment and don’t worry this is curable.
If you are not satisfied by the result of medication then you can use CBD to reduce the symptoms of Toxoplasmosis. The best thing about CBD is that you can use it for low-weight people because it is completely non-psychoactive in nature.
In this article, I have covered all the essential information related to Toxoplasmosis and its treatment. If you have knowledge of any other natural treatment for Toxoplasmosis like CBD then kindly mention it in the comment section. If you have any question or suggestion related to this article then please mention it below.
Thank you for reading!